Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Alicia Tormey encaustics at Pacini Lubel Gallery


I've recently been reintroduced to Alicia Tormey's work. I loved it before and her recent evolution is very exciting. Her new show, opening at Pacini Lubel Gallery November 5th, is called "Second Nature". A great title as her encaustics on wood are nature enhanced to a higher power. Her abstractions are landscape reminiscent but on varying planes of existence, simultaneously macro and micro. And simultaneously above and below water and sky and earth. Scale and place are wonderfully nebulous and I find myself hungrily searching each image for additional mind bending. And this is just from dropping into her studio while she was in progress. I'm eager to see the full body of work at the opening. Pacini Lubel Gallery, November 5th 2008.

No comments: