Thursday, July 3, 2008

~my etsy banner ~



I put this banner together to represent my three types of ceramic work, functional, Lidded Vessels and my sculpture. http://www.barbdunshee.etsy.com

I'm not alone in my Etsy obsession. There are others like me. I'm not proud of it, but nor am I ashamed, yet. I've been posting my work there and I've definitely been shopping. I don't know what to compare it to in earth (non-web) terms. What has art, craft, art supplies, craft supplies, jewelry, fasion, vintage bits and more more more, yet feels very personal? Perhaps a fair, under white EZ-up tents, without the wind, without the big booth fees & commissions. I've done those as an artist. When I go now I'm a shopper and so very grateful I'm not there as an artist.

I'm having more fun as an artist on Etsy. I'm not very efficient yet, it's been a couple weeks and I'm getting better. Packing up for shipping is the most time consuming part of my process. Pottery has got to be packaged well, and trying to keep the boxes small and the shipping affordable is a challenge. I've been shipping at lot of my french butter dishes

No comments: